APPOS Scottsdale 2023
In alignment with recent updates to national COVID-19 guidelines and mandates, APPOS will no longer be requiring attendees to wear masks or show proof of vaccination. Masks are still encouraged for those who are at higher risk from COVID-19, including those who are unvaccinated, or immunocompromised.
Please note, that we will continue to monitor CDC, state, and local guidelines, and will keep you informed of any additional changes or updates that may impact APPOS.
|Early Bird||$50||June 15, 2023|
|Advanced||$75||August 15, 2023|
|Final||$100||September 15, 2023|
|Student/Fellows*||FREE||September 15, 2023|
ATTENTION: The APPOS Scottsdale 2023 conference includes an optional workshop titled “The Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy: A Hands-on Skills Workshop”
The Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy: A Hands-on Skills Workshop will be taught by two APP faculty experts with experience in performing bone marrow biopsy procedures using a manual and powered approach.
This special session will take place Friday afternoon, September 15, 2023 from 2:20 pm – 3:35 pm* at APPOS Scottsdale 2023 and can accommodate up to 12 learners. SEATS ARE LIMITED!!!
*Please note: When you register to participate in this special session, you are electing to miss session (05) High-Level Look at Research/Clinical Trials, and arrive late to session (06) Professional Development: Expanding your Career as an APP, which starts at 3:20pm and runs until 4:20pm.
Please note: times are subject to change. Please check the syllabus for the most current version of the agenda upon arriving at the summit.
All Times Listed are for the Mountain Standard Time Zone
Friday, September 15, 2023
|7:00am||Check-In & Breakfast Available in Exhibit Hall|
|8:00am||Horizon CME APP Overview|
|8:05am||Welcome, Introductions, & CE Housekeeping|
(01) Advances in Cancer Drug Therapy: Highlights of New Drugs, Expanding Indications, and Improved Strategies to Optimize Treatment |
» John Eckstrom, PharmD - University of Arizona Cancer Center
|9:10am|| (02) Updates in Lung Cancer: A Multidisciplinary Approach|
» Ricklie Julian, MD - University of Arizona Cancer Center
|10:10am||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|10:30am|| (03) Breaking Bad News Better: Communication Skills for the Oncology APP|
» Abby Fuoto, DNP, ANP-BC, AOCNP, ACHPN - Banner University Medical Center
Buffet Lunch & Non-CME/CE Presentation Sponsored by Astrazeneca|
» Lisa Nodzon, NP - Malignant Hematology Clinic at Moffitt Cancer Center
|12:25pm||After Lunch Dessert Break in Exhibit Hall|
|12:50pm|| (04) Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Optimizing Patient Outcomes|
» Jordan Ng, PharmD - Mayo Clinic
|1:50pm||Break | Trivia for Charity in Exhibit Hall|
|2:20pm|| (05) What’s on the Pipeline? A Look into Clinical Research for the APP|
» Jerrelee A. Hollings, PharmD - University of Arizona Cancer Center
|2:20pm|| Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy: A Hands-on Skills Workshop|
» Jeremy Heinerich, PA-C - Mount Sinai Hospital
» Richelle Miller, DNP, AGNP-BC, MBA - Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
|3:20pm|| (06) Professional Development: Expanding your Career as an APP|
» Moderator: Carol Peyton Bryant, DNP, RN, ACNP, CCRN - Mayo Clinic
» Amanda Dean Martin, DNP, ACNP-BC, RNFA - Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
» Jody Pelusi, PhD, FNP, AOCNP - Retired Oncology Nurse Practitioner
|5:15pm||Dinner Invitation sponsored by AstraZeneca Oncology|
Saturday, September 16, 2023
|7:00am||Check-in & Exhibit Hall Open|
|7:30am||Welcome, Introductions, & CE Housekeeping|
|7:35am||Horizon CME App Overview|
|7:40am|| (07) A New Era: Updates in Breast Cancer Therapy|
» Jennifer Segar, MD - University of Arizona Cancer Center
|8:40am|| Breakfast Buffet & Non-CME/CE Symposium - Sponsored by Pfizer Oncology presents Supporting Patients With HR+/HER2- mBC Throughout Their Treatment Journey|
» Linnea Chap, MD - Beverly Hills Cancer Center
|9:30am|| (08) CAR-T Therapy in Hematological Malignancies|
» Denice Gibson, DNP, RN, CRNI, BMTCN - HonorHealth Cancer Transplant Institute
|10:30am||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|11:05am|| (09) Survivorship: Emotional Distress and Trauma-Informed Care|
» Shweta Kapoor, MD, PhD - Kalm Psychiatry LLC
Buffet Lunch & Non-CME/CE Presentation Sponsored by Jazz Pharmaceuticals presents Exploring a Treatment Option for Patients with Previously Treated Metastatic Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)|
» Amit Patel, MD - Astera Cancer Care
|1:00pm||Dessert Break in Exhibit Hall|
|1:20pm|| (10) Multidisciplinary Care: Management of Colorectal Cancers (Tumor Board)|
» Christina Wu, MD - Mayo Clinic
» Uma Goyal, MD - Banner Health
» Justin Brady, MD - Mayo Clinic
We want to ensure that your time at the APP Oncology Summit is convenient and memorable. Staying at our host hotel provides a hassle-free experience and puts you at the heart of the activity surrounding the conference. Click here to book your room!
Pricing: Run of the House $259
Resort Fee: Room rates will be subject to a non-commissionable daily resort fee of $40 plus tax per room per night. This fee will cover several amenities
Parking: $10 self-parking (1-10 hours) | $20 overnight | $17 valet (0-4 hours) $35 (4+ hours)
- 10.00 ACPE PharmacyThe Washington State Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This conference is approved for up to 10.00 credit by the Washington State Pharmacy Association.
This activity is approved for up to 10.00 credit by the Washington State Pharmacy Association. ACPE#: 0130-9999-21--L01-P | Activity Type: Live| Start/End date: Sat, 09/16/2023 - 12:00pm-Sat, 09/16/2023 - 4:30pm The Washington State Pharmacy Association (WSPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education. NOTE FOR PHARMACISTS: It is the responsibility of the pharmacist or pharmacy technician to provide the correct information [NABP eProfile ID and DOB (in MMDD format)] within the evaluation, in order to receive credit for participating in this CPE activity. Following the activity’s end date, there is a maximum of 60 days allowed to upload the CPE information to the CPE Monitor. WSPA will upload the CPE information to the CPE monitor 50 days after the activity - please check your CPE Monitor at this time to ensure the CPE is uploaded in your profile. If you encounter any CPE problems, please contact WSPA at 425- 228-7171
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Horizon CME designates this Live activity for a maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.00 ANCCThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation and Horizon CME. The Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. NPHF is awarding the contact hours and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. This course is approved by the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation, California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 16441. Upon completion, NPs and RNs will be awarded up to 10.00 credit.
- 3.50 PharmacologyThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation and Horizon CME. The Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. NPHF is awarding the contact hours and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. This course is approved by the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation, California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 16441. Upon completion, NPs and RNs will be awarded up to 3.50 credit.