APPOS San Francisco 2023
Welcome Back To The APP Oncology Summit
APPOS is a CE conference devoted to providing the latest developments in the multidisciplinary treatment, practical patient management, and interprofessional care of oncology patients.
Join us for this two-day program to earn CE credits and learn the latest clinical and practical strategies to improve care for your oncology patients and communication within your healthcare team.
COVID-19 & Health Safety
In alignment with recent updates to national COVID-19 guidelines and mandates, APPOS will no longer be requiring attendees to wear masks or show proof of vaccination. Masks are still encouraged for those who are at higher risk from COVID-19, including those who are unvaccinated, or immunocompromised.
Please note, that we will continue to monitor CDC, state, and local guidelines, and will keep you informed of any additional changes or updates that may impact APPOS.
Precautions That We Take:
- Common areas sanitized frequently
- Personal hand sanitizer bottles distributed (when available)
- Hand Sanitizer Stations provided throughout the show
- We encourage Social Distancing
|Early Bird||$50||May 18, 2023|
|Advanced||$75||July 18, 2023|
|Final||$100||August 18, 2023|
|Student/Fellows*||FREE||August 18, 2023|
Industry Employee** registration is location-based pricing +$300
*Student is defined as currently enrolled in an advanced learning institution and/or studying in order to enter a particular profession. If you would like to attend as a Student, please contact email@example.com for further information.
**Defined as anyone employed by a drug, device, or diagnostic company. The primary goal of the conference is to educate practicing clinicians on the latest advances and strategies in the care of cancer patients. Because space is limited and to ensure sufficient seats are available for clinicians, Industry Employees may register as an attendee only if you have a clinical title (NP, PharmD, MD, PA, etc).
The APP Oncology Summit is a two-day conference designed to provide advanced practice providers (APPs) with the latest evidence-based strategies to optimize care and outcomes for patients with cancer. This conference is planned with and for advanced practice providers (NPs, PAs, pharmacists, and nurse specialists) and is a collaborative effort of oncology clinicians from multiple organizations in each community.
The APP Oncology Summit offers a unique opportunity for APPs from various healthcare teams in the community to collaborate, learn from each other and national faculty, and share best practices on a range of issues related to the care of cancer patients.
APP Oncology Summits are developed with and for advanced practice providers including NPs, PAs, pharmacists, and nurses.
As part of the multidisciplinary team in the care of cancer patients, students, physicians, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of cancer patients are also welcome to attend.
Privacy Statement: For online registration, we take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name, email, mailing address, and payment information). This information is confidential and will only be used to contact you regarding your registration.
Cancellation Policy: Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note: times are subject to change. Please check the syllabus for the most current version of the agenda upon arriving at the summit.
All Times Listed are for the Pacific Standard Time Zone
Friday, August 18, 2023
|8:00am||Check-In & Breakfast Available in Exhibit Hall|
|8:05am||Horizon CME APP Overview|
|8:05am||Welcome, Introductions, & CE Housekeeping|
|8:10am||(01) Advances in Cancer Drug Therapy: Highlights of New Drugs, Expanding Indications, and Improved Strategies to Optimize Treatment |
» Julie Guglielmo, PharmD, BCOP - UCSF School of Pharmacy
|9:10am|| (02) Management of Immunotherapy Mediated Adverse Events (AEs)|
» Alicia M. Rigby, MSN, RN, APRN, AOCNP - UC Davis Cancer Center
|10:10am||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|10:40am|| (03) Surgery and Reconstruction for Breast Cancer and Lymphedema Patients|
» Hui "Heather" He, PA-C, MSHS-PA - Stanford Health Care, Cancer Center
|11:45am||Buffet Lunch & Non-CME/CE Presentation Sponsored by Pfizer Oncology|
|12:35pm||After Lunch Dessert Break in Exhibit Hall|
|1:00pm|| (04) Multidisciplinary Head & Neck Tumor Board: An Updated, Evidence-Based Approach for Maximizing Patient Outcomes|
» Moderator: Brittany Dingler, MHS, PA-C - Comprehensive Cancer Center
» Yushen Qian, MD - Stanford Cancer Center South Bay
» Katie Mathias, MS, RD-AP, CSO, CNSC - Stanford Health Care
» Emily To, PA-C - Stanford Health Care
» Alain Algazi, MD - Melanoma Specialist, UCSF Medical Center
|2:00pm||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|2:20pm||(05) Updates in Lymphoma|
» Laura J. Zitella, MS, RN, ACNP-BC, AOCN - University of California, San Francisco
(06) Compassion Fatigue & Provider Burnout: How Can Self-Care Strategies Enhance Provider Well-Being?|
» Justin Baker, MD - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
|5:30pm||Complimentary NON-CME Dinner Invitation sponsored by PharmaEssentia|
Saturday, August 19, 2023
|7:00am||Check-in & Exhibit Hall Open|
|7:30am||Horizon CME App Overview|
|7:35am||Welcome, Introductions, & CE Housekeeping|
(07) Symptom Management|
» Joanna Nelson, MD - Infectious Disease
|8:40am||Morning Breakfast Symposium - Sponsored by AstraZeneca|
|9:30am|| (08) Immunotherapy BiTEs Back: an overview of bispecific T-cell engagers in hematologic malignancies|
» Mimi L, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP - University of California, San Francisco
|10:30am||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|11:05am||(09) Updates in Prostate Cancer|
» Stephanie Haiba Collier, PA-C, MS, DFAAPA - University of California, San Francisco
Buffet Lunch & Non-CME/CE Presentation Sponsored by Regeneron|
|1:00pm||After Lunch Dessert Break in Exhibit Hall|
|1:20pm||(10) Navigating Financial Toxicity APP Panel|
» Andrea Iannucci, PharmD, BCOP - UC Davis Medical Center
» Kristina Lo, PharmD, BCOP - UC Davis Cancer Center
» Lisa Hoffmann, LCSW, OSW-C - Social Work and Case Management
» May Lo - UC Davis Health
We want to ensure that your time at the APP Oncology Summit is convenient and memorable. Staying at our host hotel provides a hassle-free experience and puts you at the heart of the activity surrounding the conference.Click here to book your room!
Overnight Accommodations: 08/17/2023 night + 08/18/2023 night Run of House: $239.00
Parking: Special self-parking rate of $12.00 per car for guests parking on the property (excludes overnight parking)
- 10.00 ACPE PharmacyThe Washington State Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This conference is approved for up to 10.00 credit by the Washington State Pharmacy Association.
This activity is approved for up to 10.00 credit by the Washington State Pharmacy Association. ACPE#: 0130-9999-21--L01-P | Activity Type: Live| Start/End date: Fri, 08/18/2023 - 7:00am-Sat, 08/19/2023 - 4:30pm The Washington State Pharmacy Association (WSPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education. NOTE FOR PHARMACISTS: It is the responsibility of the pharmacist or pharmacy technician to provide the correct information [NABP eProfile ID and DOB (in MMDD format)] within the evaluation, in order to receive credit for participating in this CPE activity. Following the activity’s end date, there is a maximum of 60 days allowed to upload the CPE information to the CPE Monitor. WSPA will upload the CPE information to the CPE monitor 50 days after the activity - please check your CPE Monitor at this time to ensure the CPE is uploaded in your profile. If you encounter any CPE problems, please contact WSPA at 425- 228-7171
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Horizon CME designates this Live activity for a maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.00 ANCCThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation and Horizon CME. The Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. NPHF is awarding the contact hours and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. This course is approved by the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation, California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 16441. Upon completion, NPs and RNs will be awarded up to 10.00 credit.
- 2.00 PharmacologyThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation and Horizon CME. The Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. NPHF is awarding the contact hours and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. This course is approved by the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation, California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 16441. Upon completion, NPs and RNs will be awarded up to 2.00 credit.