APPOS Honolulu 2023
In alignment with recent updates to national COVID-19 guidelines and mandates, APPOS will no longer be requiring attendees to wear masks or show proof of vaccination. Masks are still encouraged for those who are at higher risk from COVID-19, including those who are unvaccinated, or immunocompromised.
Please note, that we will continue to monitor CDC, state, and local guidelines, and will keep you informed of any additional changes or updates that may impact APPOS.
|Early Bird||$50||August 17, 2023|
|Advanced||$75||October 17, 2023|
|Final||$100||November 17, 2023|
|Student/Fellows*||FREE||November 17, 2023|
Cancellation Policy: Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
**Defined as anyone employed by a drug, device, or diagnostic company. We allow Industry Professionals to register for our conferences unless you are employed in a sales role with your company. Please note that we will accept a limited number of Industry Professionals (excluding sales) to each conference.
*Student is defined as currently enrolled in an advanced learning institution and/or studying in order to enter a particular profession. If you would like to attend as a Student, please contact email@example.com for further information.
ATTENTION: The APPOS Honolulu 2023 conference includes an optional workshop titled “The Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy: A Hands-on Skills Workshop”
The Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy: A Hands-on Skills Workshop will be taught by two APP faculty experts with experience in performing bone marrow biopsy procedures using a manual and powered approach.
This special session will take place Saturday afternoon, November 18 2023 from 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm HST at APPOS Honolulu 2023 and can accommodate up to 12 learners. SEATS ARE LIMITED!!!
All Times Listed are for the Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time Zone
Friday, November 17, 2023
|7:00am||Check-in & Breakfast Available in Exhibit Hall|
|8:00am||Horizon CME App Overview|
|8:05am||Welcome, Introductions, & CE Housekeeping|
(01) Advances in Cancer Drug Therapy: Highlights of New Drugs, Expanding Indications, and Improved Strategies to Optimize Treatment|
» Joni Stewart, PharmD, BCOP - Kaiser Permanente Hawaii
|9:10am|| (02) Implementing Care Strategies for Older Adults with Cancer|
» John Shen, MD - UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
|10:10am||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|10:30am|| (03) Cardiotoxicity in Oncology Patients: Risks, Diagnostics, and Interventions|
» Jesus Pino Moreno, MD - University of Hawaii
|11:35am|| Buffet Lunch & Non-CME/CE Presentation Sponsored by Pfizer Oncology: Supporting Patients With HR+/HER2- mBC Throughout Their Treatment Journey|
» Michelle E. Prager, MSN, RN, APRN - The University of Kansas Cancer Center
» Rena D. Callahan, MD - UCLA
|12:25pm||After Lunch Dessert Break in Exhibit|
|12:50pm|| (04) Comprehensive Approach to Breast Cancer Treatment: Surgery, Radiation, Medical Oncology, and Survivorship|
» Moderator: Christa Braun-Inglis, DNP, APRN-Rx, FNP-BC, AOCNP - UH Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing
» Christina Speirs, MD, PhD - Cancer Center of Hawaii
» Jami Fukui, MD - University of Hawaii Cancer Center
» Valerie Ferguson, MS, AOCNP, FNP-C - Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children
» Ashley Maromato, MD - University of Hawaii
|1:50pm||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|2:20pm|| (05) Expanding the Role of the APP in Clinical Research|
» Christa Braun-Inglis, DNP, APRN-Rx, FNP-BC, AOCNP - UH Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing
|3:20pm|| (06) Addressing Cancer Health Disparities in Diverse Patient Populations: Developing a framework for Hawai'i and the US Affiliated Pacific Islands (USAPI)|
» Neal Palafox, MD, MPH - University of Hawai'i Cancer Center
|6:00pm|| Sponsored Dinner by: AstraZeneca: Treatment Option for Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma|
» Gabriel Schwartz - UCSF
Saturday, November 18, 2023
|7:00am||Check-in & Exhibit Hall Open|
|7:30am||Horizon CME App Overview|
|7:35am||Welcome, Introductions, & CE Housekeeping|
|7:40am|| (07) Updates in Multiple Myeloma: Unraveling the Complexity of Multiple Myeloma Management|
» Beth Faiman, PhD, MSN, APRN-BC, AOCN, FAAN - Cleveland Clinic
Morning Breakfast Symposium - Sponsored by AstraZeneca: Clinical Insights From Adapted Patient Cases: The Journey From Diagnosis Through CALQUENCE Treatment|
» Rhonda L. Hewitt, BSN, NP - Stanford Health Care
|9:30am|| (08) Advancements and Challenges in Gynecologic Oncology Cancer Care: Unveiling Clinical Trial Outcomes, Molecular Tumor Testing, and Areas for Improvement|
» Paula Lee, MD, MPH - University of Hawai'i at Manoa
|10:30am||Break | Refreshments in Exhibit Hall|
|11:05am|| (09) Advancements in Hepatobiliary Cancer Management: Early Stage Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC), Biliary Tract Cancers, Precision Treatments and Future Directions|
» Kelly Shimabukuro, MD - Kaiser Permanente Hawaii
|12:10pm|| Buffet Lunch & Non-CME/CE Presentation Sponsored by Incyte Corporation: Polycythemia Vera Clinical Case Discussion: When to Intervene With Jakafi® (ruxolitinib)|
» Rhonda Hewitt, NP - Stanford Cancer Center
|1:00pm||Dessert Break in Exhibit Hall|
|1:20pm|| (10) Fostering Collaboration and Communication Between the APP and Physician: Navigating Challenges and Embracing APP Roles|
» Dee Ann OMatsu, MS, APRN, Rx, PNP-BC, CPON - Hawai'i Pacific Health
» Bryce Montalbo, FNP-BC - Hawaii Cancer Care
» Karen Rowan, DNP - Hawaii Oncology
» Rachel Thelen, FNP-C, AOCNP - Maui Outpatient Clinic
|2:30pm|| Post-Conference: Bone Marrow Biopsy Workshop|
» Jeremy Heinerich, PA-C
» Carl Pitre
» Dee Ann Omatsu
We want to ensure that your time at the APP Oncology Summit is convenient and memorable. Staying at our host hotel provides a hassle-free experience and puts you at the heart of the activity surrounding the conference. Click here to book your room!
Overnight Accommodations: Waikiki View at $249 | Discounted Resort Fee: $20 plus 17.962% tax per room per night
Parking*: Self day parking (limited spaces): $10 | Day use valet (highly recommended): $15 *Please note that this is for day parking only!
Hyatt has negotiated with the International Market Place to honor a $15 parking daily all day fee for APPOS attendees.
There will be a parking attendant between 7:00am – 8:00am next to the conference check-in table, where you will pay for parking. Late comers, please see the check-in table for an event stamp, you will then to go to the valet stand to pay for parking any time before you leave. Valet stand only takes cash - there is ATM machine at the ballroom or guests can go to front desk to pay with credit card.
- 10.00 ACPE PharmacyThe Washington State Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This conference is approved for up to 10.00 credit by the Washington State Pharmacy Association.
This activity is approved for up to 10.00 credit by the Washington State Pharmacy Association. ACPE#: 0130-9999-21--L01-P | Activity Type: Live| Start/End date: Fri, 11/17/2023 - 7:00am-Sat, 11/18/2023 - 2:20pm The Washington State Pharmacy Association (WSPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education. NOTE FOR PHARMACISTS: It is the responsibility of the pharmacist or pharmacy technician to provide the correct information [NABP eProfile ID and DOB (in MMDD format)] within the evaluation, in order to receive credit for participating in this CPE activity. Following the activity’s end date, there is a maximum of 60 days allowed to upload the CPE information to the CPE Monitor. WSPA will upload the CPE information to the CPE monitor 50 days after the activity - please check your CPE Monitor at this time to ensure the CPE is uploaded in your profile. If you encounter any CPE problems, please contact WSPA at 425- 228-7171
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Horizon CME designates this Live activity for a maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 10.00 ANCCThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation and Horizon CME. The Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. NPHF is awarding the contact hours and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. This course is approved by the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation, California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 16441. Upon completion, NPs and RNs will be awarded up to 10.00 credit.
- 1.75 PharmacologyThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation and Horizon CME. The Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. NPHF is awarding the contact hours and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. This course is approved by the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation, California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 16441. Upon completion, NPs and RNs will be awarded up to 1.75 credit.